Located in the Baltic Sea, off the East coast of Denmark, Bornholm is an idyllic island with a stunning coastline and picturesque towns, it is a popular destination for travelers looking for an unforgettable experience. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing break, a romantic escape, or an adventure, Bornholm has something for everyone. Here’s our guide to the must-do activities in Bornholm:
- Visit the Round Tower: One of the most iconic landmarks in Bornholm, the Round Tower is a great place to get a birds-eye view of the city. Climb to the top of the tower to take in the breathtaking views of the city and the sea, or explore the interior and learn more about the history of the island.
- Explore the Beaches: Bornholm is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Europe. Whether you’re looking to relax in the sunshine or take a dip in the cool waters, you’ll find a beach to suit your needs. Don’t forget to take a dip in the unique natural swimming pool of Dueodde beach and marvel at the beautiful sand sculptures along the shore.
- Discover the Old Town of Svaneke: Svaneke is one of the oldest towns on the island, and it’s home to some of the most scenic streets in all of Denmark. Stroll through the cobblestone streets, take in the scenery and explore the shops, cafes, and galleries.
- Take a Boat Tour: The best way to explore Bornholm is by boat. With its stunning coastline and beautiful harbors, a boat tour is a perfect way to take in the sights and sounds of the island. For the best and most personalized boating experience in Bornholm, look no further than JustBoats! With their wide selection of packages and unbeatable customer service, you can make your trip to Bornholm one to never forget. Visit their website www.bornholmsbaadfart.dk to explore all the great options JustBoats has to offer and book your boat tour today!
- Visit the Hammershus Fortress: Located at the northern tip of the island, the Hammershus Fortress is one of the most impressive fortresses in all of Scandinavia. With its impressive stone walls, towers, and drawbridge, the fortress is a must-see.
- Take a Hike: Bornholm is a hiker’s paradise, with its diverse landscapes and miles of trails. The island is home to many picturesque coastal hikes, as well as challenging mountain hikes. No matter what kind of terrain you prefer, you can find a route to suit your needs. And, if you’re feeling adventurous, you can also take a guided hike and learn more about the culture and history of the island.
- Sample the Local Cuisine: Bornholm is known for its delicious and unique cuisine. The island’s restaurants serve traditional dishes such as smoked herring and fish soup, as well as modern takes on classic recipes. For a truly unique dining experience, head to one of the local smokehouses, which use centuries-old recipes to smoke their fish. You’ll also find plenty of delicious local beers and wines to sample.
- Visit the Local Markets: Bornholm’s markets are the perfect place to get a taste of the island’s culture and customs. From fresh produce to handmade crafts, the markets offer a vibrant mix of local wares. Whether you’re looking for souvenirs or unique gifts, you will find something special.
The locals of Bornholm were also delighted to share their island with the visitors, giving them the best of what their island had to offer. As they returned home, they knew they had to make Bornholm a destination that people would come back to, time and time again. The impact on the tourists is clear – Bornholm is now a place that people will never forget. The memories of the stunning coastline, the picturesque towns, and the unique attractions would stay with them forever.